The Registrar may, on the application of any person claiming to be the proprietor of any new or original design not previously published in Bangladesh, register the design under this Part.
*** Name, Address and Nationality of the applicant(s) and also Inventor(s);
*** Specimen of the Article which is to be registered as an Industrial Design;
*** Affidavit in support of novelty of the Design by the applicant(s);
*** In case of claiming priority, Certified Copy of the Priority application (if not in English Language, Certified English version should be required) should be required and must be submitted with the application (without late fees) or within a period of 3(three) month from the date of filing of the application (with late fees). If you would like to claim Priority, then you should file the application in Bangladesh within 6(six) months from the date of filing of the prior application from which priority is to be claimed.
*** Power of Attorney (POA). Please note that the POA need not to be notarized or legalized, simple signed with sealed POA will be in order.
(1) The Registrar shall grant a certificate of registration to the proprietor of the design when registered.
It is to be mentioned here that after examining the application, if the Registrar thinks that the design is new and original and all formalities required by law are fulfilled, then he will issue the registration certificate in favour of the applicant.
(1) When a design is registered, the registered proprietor of the design shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, have copyright in the design during five years from the date of registration.
(2) If before the expiration of the said five years application for the extension of the period of copyright is made to the Registrar in the prescribed manner, the Registrar shall, on payment of the prescribed fee, extend the period of copyright for a second period of five years from the expiration of the original period of five years.
(3) If before the expiration of such second period of five years application for the extension of the period of copyright is made to the Registrar in the prescribed manner, the Registrar may, subject to any rules under this Act, on payment of the prescribed fee, extend the period of copyright for a third period of five years from the expiration of the second period of five years.
1) Photocopy of Registration Certificate; and
2) Power of Attorney.
TIME FRAME (in every smooth case)
1. SEARCHING (Normal) : 7 (Seven) working days (approximate).
2. FILING: 3(three) working days from obtaining the full instruction & required document.
3. REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE: 3(Three) to 6(six) months from the date of filing of the application (smooth case).
Consult with our experienced team for complete solutions to your legal issues.